The American Law Institute CLE (ALI CLE) has announced Airline and Railroad Labor and Employment Law 2018 will be held on September 27-28, 2018, in Washington, D.C. This highly-rated advanced conference (on labor relations) is one of the only programs in the country that explicitly addresses employment and labor law in these specific industries.
Airline and Railroad Labor and Employment Law 2018 offers balanced perspectives with lawyers and other industry leaders for both sides of these disputes within its faculty. Attendees will also have the rare opportunity to hear from and engage with the chairman and current members of the National Mediation Board and staff, as well as John Ring, Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board.
Amongst the emerging and evolving topics to be addressed include:
- Drones, single pilot, Hyperloop, and space technology
- The impact of the Supreme Court’s decisions in Epic Systems Corp., Masterpiece Cakeshop, Janus, and Wisconsin Central
- The role of election campaigns
- Tactics in the negotiation and mediation processes
- Grievances and arbitration procedures
- International conflicts and carrier jurisdiction
- Affiliations, mergers, and consolidations
- Labor relations under the Bankruptcy Code
“For over a quarter of a century, this course has been on the cutting edge, enabling practitioners to stay current with the latest changes,” said Planning Co-Chair, Joseph Z. Fleming of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. “As transportation by air and rail continue to open up new areas of travel space, jobs, and delivery systems, the subjects we address cover emerging jurisdictional issues and legal challenges.”
To learn more about this program and to register for the conference, click here.