ALI CLE has announced that EPA Acting Administrator, Andrew R. Wheeler will deliver the keynote address at this year’s Environmental Law 2019 conference. The ALI CLE program will be held on February 7-8, 2019, in Washington, D.C. This signature conference was the first national program of its kind for lawyers and environmental professionals from across the country to come together to discuss the latest issues and emerging trends in environmental law.
The Environmental Law program features a national faculty of experienced private practitioners, senior government officials, law professors and public interest advocates who bring a balance of perspectives during panel discussions surrounding the important developments taking place in each major area of environmental law.
Conference topics include:
- Litigation and regulation involving emerging contaminants
- Whether groundwater discharges are subject to Clean Water Act liability
- Where offshore wind energy is rapidly developing and why
- What changes to the Endangered Species Act may be imminent following the proposed rule from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- The impact of Justice Kavanaugh’s vote on environmental cases before the Supreme Court
“For this year’s program we have once again assembled a stellar faculty drawn from government, academia, non-governmental organizations, and private practice,” said Pamela Esterman and Daniel Riesel, planning co-chairs and partners at Sive, Paget & Riesel, P.C. in New York City. “The course will provide an update on critical new developments in environmental law, highlight what to expect from the current administration, and explore the more difficult substantive issues relating to each of the critical regulatory programs.”
To learn more about this program and to register for the in-person course or webcast, click here.